Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Saturday 14 January 2012

Oval Doily in Ecru

Having finished all my projects and having nothing in particular to do I thought I would make an oval doily to put on my new television table, which itself is oval, and is in black glass.
This is the start. I have done a couple of more rounds and will post a picture when it is bigger still. I am writing the pattern out as I go, for a change. This makes life much easier.....trying to count stitches retrospectively is no joy. I am doing this one in an antique thread in size 40.

6 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

I love your pattern, its nice to have a different shape from the usual rounds.
Margaret

Hillside Threads said...

It's looking good, can't wait to see it finished. Also it looks more grey than ecru which makes it look unusual.
Jane

Toptattyhead said...

It is actually ecru, Jane. It's just the photograph that is not showing the proper colour. I don't use flash as it obliterates the detail, but it was a cloudy day and so not too good at showing the true colour.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I would think that oval patterns are a little more difficult to design than circular ones! This is looking great so far!

You must be one of the few tatters who are all 'caught up' on their projects!

Anke said...

Oh, I always was looking for an oval pattern, as the few available are not to my liking.
Looking forward to your new doily,
Anke

Allison said...

Hello! Little late to the party here, but I was wondering if you ever posted this pattern? I saw you'd mentioned that you would either post it or give it to someone for fundraising purposes. If you do have it and are willing to share, I'd love it if you'd email it to me (I can provide my email, I'd just rather not leave it sitting on the internet for all to see). My friend saw the partially finished image above, and begged me to make it for her wedding headband. Thank you so much! I love all your patterns!!